About the BDNG
The British Dermatological Nursing Group (BDNG) was established in 1989 to offer an independent speciality group of nurses and healthcare professionals with an interest in dermatology.
Aims of the BDNG
The aims of the BDNG are to:
- Promote the development of the highest standard of care for the patient receiving dermatological care;
- Promote the development and recognition of the nurse’s role in dermatology, for the benefit of the patient;
- Promote and support education of nurses for their role in dermatology;
- Promote and support research into all aspects of dermatology nursing and dermatological nursing care;
- Provide a source of expertise for nurses facing clinical and managerial challenges in the field of dermatology nursing;
- Provide a forum for the dissemination of developments and knowledge in the field of dermatology nursing.
Membership of the group is open to healthcare professionals only.
Registered nurses from the UK and Ireland working in dermatology may apply for Ordinary Membership.
All other health care professionals and overseas nurses may apply for Associate Membership.
Associate members are unable to vote on changes to the BDNG Constitution.
Read more about BDNG Membership
- A copy of the journal Dermatological Nursing quarterly
- Practice Development Awards
- Travel awards
- Reduced registration fee at the BDNG Annual Conference
- Reduced registration fee at BDNG Regional Meetings
- Access to member’s only section of website
- Regular email alerts
Annual Subscription is only £20
President Rebecca Penzer-Hick President Elect Lisa McGovern Trustee Alberto Barea Trustee Sarah Copperwheat Trustee Lucy Moorhead Trustee Lynne Skrine Trustee Melanie Sutherland Journal Clinical Editor Polly Buchanan Editorial Board Chair Jackie Tomlinson
Aesthetics Adeyinka Aroyewun Biologics Jenny Carolan and Lisa McGovern Community Dermatology Sara Burr Contact Dermatitis Liza Benfield Dermoscopy Jemma Coleman Non Medical Prescribing Clive Tubbs Paediatrics Karen Pett Photodermatology Sarah Copperwheat Psychodermatology Barbara Page, MBE Skin Cancer Vacant Skin Surgery Di Rolland
Valerie Anderson Yinka Aroyewun Rosanna Degala-Nguyen Felicite Ngoumbi
CEO Susan Maguire Education and Development Lead Teena Mackenzie Educational Nurse Jodie Newman Administrator and Events Co-ordinator Amanda Elliott