Rising Star Award
We are seeking nominations for Rising Star Awards to financially support 5 BDNG members to attend the World Congress of Dermatology in Singapore 3- 8 July 2023. These awards are valued at £3000 each.
These awards are specifically for those at the beginning of their dermatology nursing career, recognising the potential of nurses who demonstrate excellence, innovation or focus on patient centred care.
Ideally, the BDNG would like to support 2 nurses from England, 1 nurse from Scotland, 1 nurse from Wales and 1 nurse from N Ireland/Ireland.
Who can be nominated
- These awards are open to Ordinary members of the BDNG only, i.e. Registered Nurses working in dermatology.
- Nominees must be Band 6 (or equivalent) or below and have been working in dermatology for at least 1 year.
- Nominations should be made by a senior member of the department dermatology team e.g. senior nurse, manager or dermatologist
- Attach a summary of up to 300 words on why you are nominating the person for this award, giving examples and as much information as possible
- The summary should be word processed and contain a word count.
- Nominees should be aware of their nomination and be available to attend the congress if selected.
- Online applications will only be accepted.
Conditions of application
- These awards are only available to fully paid members of the BDNG who have been a member for at least one year.
- These awards can only be used to attend the World Congress of Dermatology in 2023
- Successful applications will be asked to write about their experiences in Dermatological Nursing
- The BDNG reserves the right to vary the amounts and conditions of application of to terminate this award, in which case the applicant will be notified
- If successful applicants do not use the award for the purposes for which it is awarded, they will be asked to return the full amount of the award
- The names of award recipients will be published
The closing date for applications 12 September 2022
The awards are valued at £3000.