Last updated: 09 February 2018
This policy applies all websites that the British Dermatological Nursing Group (BDNG) operates, our use of emails and any other method that we use to collect information. It covers what we collect, what we do with the information and what rights you have.
Your acceptance of this policy and our right to change it
By providing your information and using our websites, you consent to our collection and use of the information you provide in accordance this policy.
What information we collect
We will only ever collect the information we need. We collect information about you when you register as a member or enrol for one of our educational events. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete membership surveys and provide feedback. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
What we do with the information
We will use the information that you provide to process your applications, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you with other information we think you may find relevant.
We do not sell your information to other organisations.
We would like to send you information about our services and other third party information that we think may be of interest to you such as job vacancies, relevant courses or other dermatology related communications. We also send promotional and non promotional emails on behalf of our sponsors/supporters. We always ask you to opt in to receive these communications.
We always include a link to opt out of receiving future communications in case you change your mind.
Sharing your information
We will only share your information:
- If we are legally obliged to do so;
- When we work with a partner that is carrying out work on our behalf e.g. the mailing house that we use to distribute your journal.
The security of your information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Retention of data
- Membership – we hold your data until you do not renew your subscription by the final reminder date.
- Regional meetings and annual conference – we hold your data for 1 year after the event to enable us to verify your attendance and to produce a certificate of attendance if you request one from us
- Skin surgery course – we hold your name and date of attendance for members to enable access to the skin surgery e-learning course
- Emails – If you have opted in to receive emails from us, you will continue to do so regardless of your membership status until you unsubscribe. You can unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of every email or by contacting us
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this, please contact us.