If you would like to advertise a vacancy with the BDNG, please contact email@example.com
Band 7 Clinical Nurse Specialist
St John’s Institute of Dermatology
Closing Date: 26 September 2021
St John’s Institute of Dermatology within Guys and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation trust is looking to recruit a band 7 Clinical Nurse Specialist to join the Dowling phototherapy team. The Dowling phototherapy team sits within the wider Dermatology Service and provides a wide variety of treatments supporting both general and tertiary dermatology clinics for adult patients with severe and rare dermatological conditions. The service extends to provide support to patients on the patient initiated follow up (PIFU) pathway and includes medicines management nurse led clinics.
The successful candidate will clinically lead the service and support the team to deliver effective, efficient and high quality care to patients with complex specialist dermatological conditions, ensuring that care is both evidence based and reflects current best practice. You must be able to work autonomously as well as part of a multidisciplinary team who are dedicated to ensuring high quality care and patient experience.
You will act as a specialist resource across the hospital sites and influence patient care through the indirect role of providing specialist education and training to multi-professional staff/students, undertake research, audits and service transformation/development.
Our Dermatology service is a busy and supportive service which offers progressive opportunities to help build your professional development and further your career.
Informal visits are strongly recommended and for further information please contact:
Closing date: 26th September 2021 at midnight
Interview date: 4th October 2021
Deputy sister for Photopheresis and Skin Cancer Out Patients Services
St John’s Institute of Dermatology
Closing Date: 6 September 2021
Guys and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust delivers high quality cancer care and works as part of the King’s Health Partners Cancer Centre and London Cancer Alliance to continually develop cancer services in South London.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated experienced nurse with excellent communication and leadership skills to join and further their skills within the St John’s Institute of Dermatology Team.
Our Dermatology skin cancer unit comprises of the Photopheresis, melanoma, lymphoma and general clinics, as a deputy sister you will be expected to rotate between these units.
Our Photopheresis department is a nurse led service. Photopheresis or ECP (Extracorporeal Photopheresis) is a form of apheresis and photodynamic therapy in which blood is treated with a photosensitizing agent treated with uvadex solution, exposed to ultraviolet light (UVA), and returned to the patient. All the necessary training will be provided.
The Deputy Sister/ Charge Nurse’s key responsibility are :
- Ensuring patient experience is of the highest quality inspiring patient and public confidence.
- Service targets are met through constant surveillance and appropriate bookings
- Providing leadership and supporting junior members of staff
- Motivating teams to promote cohesive working environment
- Commitment in maintaining high clinical standards
- Promoting best practice and the maintenance of a clean and safe environment
- commitment to improving efficency and productivity
- organisational and interpersonal skills and be suited to the dynamic pace of these very busy services.
It is essential to have a genuine interest in dermatology and skin cancer treatments and have post-grad experience. You will be expected to deliver a high quality nursing service, providing specialist care and management to patients and their families throughout their diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer. The ability to prioritize your work and be flexible in your approach is essential to this role.
You should be a Registered Nurse with 5 years post registration experience of ward experience in an acute setting , have cannulation skills and experience of being a band 6 . You must be able to take part in structured teaching for patients, colleagues and students.
Closing Date: 6th September 2021
Interview Date: 13th September June 2021
For further information or an informal discussion, please email Manda Mootien, Matron for Skin Cancer Services on the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 188 6381
If you are a band 6 and would like a challenge and a unique experience, Please apply below.
Clinical Nurse Specialist – Medical & Specialist Dermatology
St. John’s Institute of Dermatology
Closing Date: 31 August 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Dermatology nurse to join our friendly and driven Medical Dermatology Clinical Nurse Specialist Team at St. John’s Institute of Dermatology, Guys and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. The post will be full time, 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday. Core shifts are 8:00 -18:00. Due to service expansion our clinics now extends into the evening finishing at 8pm so there is an anticipation that staff will be flexible around the working hours of 8-8 Monday – Friday.
We are looking for a flexible, proactive individual who has a strong background in dermatology. Non-medical prescribing is a core component of the role but applications are welcomed from staff willing to imminently undertake the course if successful. The successful candidate is expected to clinically lead on nursing care along the patient pathway. As a team we provide a wide variety of services supporting both general and tertiary specialist dermatology clinics for adult patients with severe dermatological conditions. The service extends to provide support to dermatology in-patient admissions, day treatment admissions and medicines management nurse led clinics.
Once competent, the successful candidate will work autonomously managing their own nurse led clinics, which comprise of completing treatment plans, initiating and monitoring patients on systemic and biological therapies. You will be required to act as a leader and role model providing clinical supervision, teaching and mentoring to junior colleagues and peers. There is an anticipation that you actively seek involvement in quality and improvement initiatives and undertake clinical audits.
Our Dermatology service is a busy and supportive service that is internationally renowned offering progressive opportunities to help build your professional development and further your career.
Closing date: 31th August 2021 at midnight
Interview date: 8th September 2021
Skin Cancer Specialist Nurse
Due to the continued expansion of our skin services, Check4Cancer are currently recruiting for specialist skin cancer nurses. You will work within an experienced MDT, in a nurse-led autonomous environment; providing skin cancer checks and skin diagnosis in a clinic setting.
Your duties will involve assessing patients, taking high quality images of suspicious lesions, for telemedicine diagnosis. In addition, you will provide skin health education and awareness, enabling a holistic patient centered, preventative care service.
You will be supported by a team of skin nurses, along with Consultant Dermatologists and Consultant Plastic surgeons, and will report to the Clinical Services Director. A comprehensive training programme, along with skin competencies will be completed prior to you undertaking clinics.
Check4Cancer offers cancer screening for bowel, breast, cervical, lung, prostate and skin cancer. We also provide diagnostic pathways for skin, breast and prostate cancers and our head office is based in Cambridge.
The company’s team of cancer specialists has extensive clinical expertise, enabling Check4Cancer to offer highest standards of care and become a trusted provider of evidence based, audited pathways to private individuals, leading UK insurance providers and the corporate sector.
Regular CPD events in house, and externally are offered to continue your career progression.
Salary – Competitive (Equivalent to a Band 7/8) depending upon experience.
Adult registered nurse, valid NMC pin required. BDNG, RCN membership will be required. Experience in dermoscopy and lesion recognition is required.
Working hours Monday – Friday 37.5hrs.
We currently have roles for full-time and part-time contracts with flexible working days.
Ideally, you will be a car driver or have good transport links in order to travel to clinics. All travel expenses are paid for.
If you are interested in finding out more information please contact Louise Mills, Clinical Services Director by email email@example.com
National Nurse Manager
Key Objectives of the Role
- Responsible for leading, supporting and supervising the clinical work of nurses across the business.
- Support with induction and clinical supervision of medical and nursing staff.
- Creation and implementation of new audit programme.
- Provide professional leadership ensuring registered health care professionals uphold and maintain professional standards of practice and behaviour.
- Ensure all staff have the appropriate training and ongoing support to meet the requirements of their roles.
- Develop and implement a plan for clinical supervision and appraisal of nurses delivering skin cancer screening.
- Support MDT activity.
- Lead Clinical Excellence reviews and report directly to the Medical Standards Committee.
- Develop and monitor an audit activity programme for the delivery of a mole screening service.
- Identify recruitment gaps which are undermining clinical and commercial performance.
- Support the recruitment, on boarding and induction of doctors and nurses to the business.
- To work with other external providers where necessary to improve business efficiency.
- Act as a FTSU Champion for the group.
- Participate in Safeguarding role.
- Ensure compliance to corporate processes such as: incident reporting, sharing of best practice, auditing, Infection prevention and control.
Education and Training
- To participate in teaching and in-service training for all relevant staff.
- To set benchmarks for the best practice and to monitor and evaluate standards.
- Chair nurse meetings and conferences, regionally, nationally as required.
Research & Audit
- Continuously asses and monitor risk.
- Ensure nursing practice is research based.
- Maintain an awareness of clinical developments relevant to dermatology and skin cancer.
- Undertake ongoing audit and evaluation of the service and produce annual report with the support of the Clinical Governance Team.
Professional Development And Education
- Actively participate in your own professional development in accordance with objectives identified at Appraisal Review, demonstrating professional commitment.
- Active professional development programme ensures an up to date knowledge of treatment and progress within the specialist areas.
- Development of own education whilst being supported by Company training programmes.
- Registered Nurse (NMC) or HPC registration with at least 3 years post registration experience.
- Considerable nursing level with some leadership experience would be desirable.
- Strong IT skills, including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Has knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
- Awareness of quality issues within Skin Cancer Services.
- In-depth knowledge of cancer journey.
- Counselling skills.
- Evidence of multi-professional working.
- Understanding of MDT working.
- Knowledge of Cancer Standards and their importance.
Ensure compliance with relevant NICE Guidelines, BDNG Competencies and NMC Code.
Collaboratively identify areas for nursing practice development.
- Demonstrates a proactive, positive and optimistic attitude using common sense approach.
- Supportive, competent, confident and has the ability to be assertive if require
- Ability to work and communicate accurate clinical information effectively at both operational and managerial level.
- Confident in building professional relationships with staff, consultants and colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage own workload.
- A flexible, pragmatic and articulate individual.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Continual improvement mind-set with a commitment to clinical excellence and client care.
The duties and responsibilities outlined above do not represent a full list of the tasks the post holder will be expected to perform. It is also recognised that the duties of all posts are subject to change from time to time. Alterations to duties and responsibilities and performance of similar tasks within the scope of and at the same level will be expected. It is expected that this job description will be regularly reviewed by the post holder and his/her manager. These discussions will normally take place during the Employee Performance review discussion.
The job will initially be part time and hours can be discussed at interview. Salary is dependent on experience.
Any interested parties should send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skin Cancer Screening/Mole Clinic Nurse
Job title: Skin Cancer Screening/Mole Clinic Nurse
You will work as part of a highly skilled team of clinicians to deliver a high standard of skin cancer screening, advice and care to patients. The role involves screening patients for skin cancer, with the option of supporting consultants with minor ops.
Our mole cancer screening nurse will provide the first point of entry into our Dermatology Pathway.
We are looking for a competent and confident nurse who has the ability to identify normal lesions vs those that may be suspicious in patients who request a general mole check-up.
We have a dedicated teledermatology service and an in-house dermatologist to support the diagnosis and removal of suspicious lesions identified during the mole screening process.
Previous dermatology experience is essential alongside experience in skin cancer screening and treatment.
Those with experience in mole screening, running nurse led clinics or those with a special interest in dermoscopy are particularly welcomed to apply for the role.
This role would offer the successful candidate the opportunity to help build and develop a unique private mole cancer screening pathway.
The ability to perform other general nursing procedures as carried out in primary care such as cervical screening, ear syringing and phlebotomy would be desirable, but are not essential.
Standard Hours are 16+ hours per week, with shifts of either 8am to 4.30pm or 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Applications will also be considered for candidates who can work at least 2 days per week
Our main clinics is in Central London at Soho Square.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To take a comprehensive skin history and perform a full skin assessment on each patient including dermoscopy where necessary.
- Educate each patient on how to protect their skin and care for skin diseases and conditions at home.
- Ensure provision of high standards of care for patients.
- Ensure compliance with relevant NICE Guidelines, BDNG Competencies and NMC Code.
- Enhance quality of care by assisting with the management of change in nursing practice based on evidence/research.
- Plan and organise own workload in order to meet patient’s needs.
- Ensure compliance with Clinic Policies & Procedures at all times.
- Practice multidisciplinary team care and contribute actively towards its successful management.
- Work in accordance with the Clinic Plan to assist in meeting the Clinic Objectives.
- Act as patient advocate at all times.
Who we’re looking for
As a Registered Nurse with a valid NMC PIN Number, you will be a caring and compassionate professional with at least 3 years post qualifying experience. You will be a first class communicator, enthusiastic, ambitious and eager to learn new skills and with an excellent eye for detail.
Applications must be sent to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: competitive based on experience
About the Doctors Clinic Group
Doctors Clinic Group is a rapidly expanding group of private GP clinics and Occupational Health services, based in central London, Chislehurst, Manchester, and Birmingham. We are always looking for people to join us, and we have a particular need for a Dermatology nurse to cover our Oxford street clinic with flexibility as needed to support our network of clinics.
We offer the most affordable private healthcare in London, with most consultations being 15 minutes from £65. Our online booking system where patients can book a long time in advance or at the very last minute offers the convenience that walk-in clinics can’t rival, a guaranteed appointment when patients need to find a GP.
Job Type: Permanent
- Regular social and CPD events, and an interest in business development encouraged
- 4 weeks of annual leave pro rata + bank holidays
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Our workplace is COVID secure and PPE is provided
- Nursing: 3 years (Preferred)
- NMC (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Band 7 – Dermatology Clinical Nurse Specialist
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust – Ipswich Site
Closing Date: 3 June 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual passionate about Dermatology to join our friendly, dynamic team. The role involves clinically managing patient pathways in collaboration with members of the multi-disciplinary team. The ideal candidate will manage their own nurse led clinics, chronic inflammatory disease which will include those patients on systemic and biological therapies.
As a registered nurse with Dermatology experience, evidenced competence, with Non-medical nurse prescribing qualification, the successful applicant will have the ability to work autonomously. This speciality has many interesting facets and we understand that an experienced Dermatology Nurse will have developed a diverse knowledge base in order to support mentoring, teaching and assessing junior members of staff within phototherapy, patch testing and photodynamic therapy. The candidate may also have surgery competence which will offer a further area of support to our already busy department. Evidence of high performance through clinical audit is expected.
We are a supportive and motivated service who will help you to maximise every potential in yourself
Working hours will be full time, 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday (Occasional evening and weekend work may be considered)
For more information please contact Rachel Alexander Lead Nurse –Dermatology and Plastic Surgery Department.
Band 7 Dermatology Clinical Nurse Specialist
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual passionate about dermatology to join our friendly, dynamic team. The role involves clinically managing patient pathways in collaboration with members of the multi-disciplinary team and involves overseeing the phototherapy service, managing their own nurse led clinics which includes systemic drug monitoring, patch testing, leg ulcers and minor surgery. The role also includes mentoring, teaching and assessing junior members of staff. Dermatology experience as a registered nurses is essential. The successful applicant will have the ability to work autonomously under pressure in a busy specialty.
Hours 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday
For more information please contact Carolyn Saunders Clinical Lead Nurse in Dermatology email@example.com
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly enthusiastic registered nurse to join our brand new state of the art dermatology clinic in Reading. Derma Reading is a specialist dermatology clinic that provides a full range of high quality private dermatology services.
Dermatology experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
The candidate must have worked in a clinical setting.
Derma Reading offers an attractive compensation package and benefits including, private healthcare, free onsite parking, flexible working hours and working alongside a small and highly experienced team.
More information available from Marie Hobden, Practice Manager Marie.Hobden@derma.co.uk
Dermatology Nurse Band 6/7
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the dermatology team for a Specialist Dermatology Nurse to work within established Community Dermatology clinics, which currently run Monday-Sunday. You will be a registered nurse with significant post registration experience and excellent organisational and communication skills. You will hold a degree in Nursing and have knowledge of Dermatology and experience of delivering Dermatology treatments is essential. You must be willing to undertake any necessary training. You will have the ability to work independently and as part of the Dermatology team. You will report to the Clinical Governance Manager and work with them to audit and develop the nurse-led follow-up services.
The Dermatology Specialist Nurse will be able to provide high standards of care in various Nurse-led follow-up clinics including some or all of the following:
o Phototherapy (narrowband UVB)
o Nurse Led Follow ups
o Acne Clinics
o Patch Testing
o Nurse led Minor surgery clinics
o Assisting in minor surgery
To support patient pathways in dermatology and participate fully in the treatment and monitoring of the patients.
To support where and when necessary with audit, triage of results and triage of referrals.
To support and advise patients on the promotion of health and prevention of illness, teaching patients and their relatives where appropriate.
To support the community dermatology clinics and provide education and resources for patients and families.
The post holder will be expected to demonstrate self- initiative as well as have the ability to manage their own caseload for the Nurse follow-up clinics.
Hours: 40 hours per week (5 days over 7 days)
Days: Monday to Sundays covering 5 days over 7 days per week
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Bank Band 5/6 Dermatology Nurse
South, East and South East England
Bank Band 5/6 Dermatology Nurse – Weekend & Weekday
18 Week Support are currently seeking Band 5/6 Dermatology Nurses to join our insource team across the South, East and South East England regions.
One of our largest service provisions, Dermatology continues to grow significantly across several locations, we hope to appoint Band 5/6 Dermatology nurses to join our team on a Bank basis. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone considering weekend or weekday Bank shifts with our speciality, as we move towards providing our services 7-days per week.
The role offers the opportunity to work in new departments, experience new systems and work with a fantastic team of Dermatology and Surgical Professionals that are well-versed with providing dermatology care within the 18 Week Support insourcing service.
You will be working with and assisting Dermatologist and Surgeons with a range of specialized procedures such as, General dermatology and skin cancer surgery, as well as assisting in outpatient clinics. You will support the patient throughout their visit ensuring safe and effective care from start to finish.
18 Week Support is an RTT support provider which supports NHS Trusts with meeting their RTT pathways and 18-week waiting time targets. Like the NHS we work with, patient care is at the centre of everything we do, and our clinical teams are dedicated to ensuring excellent patient experience.
We are an ethical and transparent organisation that is committed to the NHS and the delivery of high-quality care, and to helping NHS Trusts reduce RTT waiting times.
● Band 5/6 Dermatology Nurse
● Based/working in NHS Trusts in several locations
● Assisting in dermatology surgery and outpatients clinics
● Supported by a dermatology lead nurse
● Responsible to the 18 Week Support Chief Nurse and Head of Nursing
● Weekday and Weekend shifts available
● Excellent day rates (PAYE)
● Travel & accommodation costs covered
● Training and orientation by experienced 18 Week Support Nurse in Charge
● Registered Nurse
● Eligible to work in the UK
● Minimum of 1 year experience at Band 5 level or above within an NHS Dermatology Unit
● Comprehensive knowledge of outpatient processes and procedures
● Proficient in using Dermatological surgery equipment.
● Essential I.T. (EIT) skills or equivalent